Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guru Prasad   20 June 2016

Jobseekers time money wasted

Hi Sir/Madam,

I recently graduated from a good university in chennai and i am currently unemployed.
I am currently searching for a good job. i had registered in various job search and placement agencies.
Many consultancies are asking for proofs, documents etc for background verification, other processes etc. So i have to spend around Rs 70 to Rs 100 for couriers, xerox etc for each job searches via consultancies.
For last month alone i spent Rs 500 to 600 on couriers to sending proofs etc to various consultancy.
I didnt even get any interview schedule or interview via call etc. All i did was waste my time and spend money each time with these consultancies.

When i asked these consultancy about the status of the job search, they are replying back saying "it is in progress. We are fully involved with your job search". But i am not seeing any progress.

When i asked them, to give the expenses that has incurred due to sending documents, proofs (Rs 100 from each consultancy). They are saying like without spending money one cannot get jobs, many jobseekers are spending thousands of money on job search and placements. Consultancies cant bear these kind of expenses.

Is it not the responsibility of the consultancy agency to bear these kind of expenses?
If jobs is guranteed we can bear these kind of expenses but just for job searching itself (we may get job or not kind of situation) we are spending a lot :(
Is there any law to monitor these kind of difficulties faced by job seekers.

Please provide your valuable sugeestions / comments.

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Guru Prasad,

Placement agencies get their database enlarged at the cost of the candidates, when they contact them. They can manage call letters for the candidate, only when the employers place their requirement with the placement agency for the candidates with speific qualifications and skills that match with the candidates. If your qualification or skill matches, only then the placement agency would send your CV to that company, otherwise not. But still with no guarantee of job, as selection depends solely upon the employer out of so many candidates sent by various placement agencies.

So, legally, you can't fix up any placement agency, as your expenditure of voluntary nature to satisfy them about your candidature for any type of job.

Better send your CV direct to the companies through their websites to avoid any such expenditure. But still, the companies would also need to satisfy themselves about your qualification, skills, trainings and background verification.

Even otherwise, if you are not a paid member of the placement agency, you cannot be termed as their consumer, as they are not bound by any law to serve you in any case.

SUPER SPECIALTY SERVICES FOUNDATION (INDIA)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 June 2016

The testamonials are usually requested during interview.

The statement in resume should suffice till then.

Instead of couriers prefer soft copies in PDF files, if that suits you.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register