LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanmeet   07 June 2016

Water charges for co-operative society

This is my first post on the forum. Have read replies for other matters and were very helpfull,request member to help me for this issue.

Preface:

I have bought a Second home at native place(maharashtra) , developer has constructed 100 bunglows and handed over the plots in individual owers name. i.e 7/12 extract is in my name. Developer had provided us with 1000 litre over head tank. He has built 2 wells on the 14 acres plot which he developed for which he charged individual member Rs 10000/-. Water is pumped through pipe line from these wells via 1/2 inch inlet pipe for each bunglow.

Average stay in this property is not more than 100 days per year,there are only 2 permanent member staying of these 84 bunglows and 1 bunglow used for tourist purpose(Renting)                              Water is pumped twice daily for 1 hour i.e. in moring and evening. There are no metres for individual bunglows nor does society charge any water charges in yearly maintainance as water is free.(pumped from wells in premises)

Recently on 28th May 2016 housing society was formed and AGM was held.No membership deed is yet signed nor has society made any share certificated , its under process.

Compliant:

After staying in my bunglow I experienced that the overhead tank is not enough for daily use and I have to ask the watchmen to start pump besides stipulated 2 times per day. This practice is followed by every member as when the water from overhead tank is consumed / finished its necessary to pump more water. There is no shortage of water as on any given day not more the 2-5 member are available besides the 2 permanent members.

After taking into account these problem I connected another 1000 litre tank to the already fitted tank, so as to avoid untimely starting of pumps for water supply besides the stipulated times.

My intention was to avoid constant starting of pump so as to avoid wear and tear of pump and wastage of electricity. Also when water is pumped in an already filled tank it overflows and gets wasted, but now it gets collected in my other tank. I have also fitted drip irrigation for all my plants and asked other member to do the same to conserve water.

In the first AGM society came up with the topic of two tanks and has passed a resolution to remove the extra tank within 1 month or pay a fine of Rs. 5000/- per year.

Society charges Rs.5000/- per year towards maintainance which includes security(3 gaurds) Commont street lights expenses, pump maintainance and grass cutting on roads after rainy season.

Query:

1) I dont know how the registrar gave permission for society to be formed as every member is owner of the plot and pays his own tax and stuff.I think Associate members should be formed. Please suggest.

2)As there is only one inlet for my plot and i have connected the new tank to already fitted tank can society ask me to remove it or charge me for it?

3)If am charged for extra tanks as its unfair towards other member having one tank(according to society) Is it not unfair towards me as permanent members use more water should they and one using for commercialy reason be charged rather than me?

4) What right does society have on my plot as I am the ower of it, do i have to informe it for every changes in my house or informing the gram panchayat/concerned office is enough?

5)If I dont become a Member of this society can they stop water for my plot as I have paid for the well aswell.

Any help would be apreciated. There are so many important topics for the society to handle like the developer has not built a Tank as promised cause of which pump is used daily leading to many failure issues. No street lights provided by developer ,mud roads need to be properly built , water trenches is to be made for rain waters. But society is taking no initiative there rather harrasing members.

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     08 June 2016

Sir, The terms, conditions & covenants of the registered sale deed with the developer play deciding role to answer your queries. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 June 2016

Your this question was properly answered and suggestions were rendered by many experts in your another post where you repeated the same question.  You may visit that thread for knowing more answers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register