LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit   06 June 2016

TRYING TO ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION, BUT REPLY NOT COMING

Hello, i am from thane. My parents got divorced 28 years ago. But still my father never paid any alimony or child maintainance to my mother. So we have decide to reopen the case. Because almost 28 years have left we dont any contact details or communication Address of my father. Few days ago i found his sister on one social media site, i drop her a message as well as i sent her mail, but they are are not responding nor giving any of their communication details to send formal lawyers notice. They are very well about we are reopening this case. They are also living in the same city. Please let me know what to do. I want to send them legal notice.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     06 June 2016

After 28 years of divorce, u want to claim alimony now is a time barred one and itself prove no need of any maintenance.

Mohit   06 June 2016

Every time it is not about alimony, Because of my fathers negligence me and my mother suffered lot. But because of her job we anyhow survived. & I dont need alimony now,

I want to know what punishment or penalty our judiciary system can give to my so called father for his Irresponsible behaviour & negligence towards us. This is the only reason i am reopening this case after 28 years.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Mohit
Every time it is not about alimony, Because of my fathers negligence me and my mother suffered lot. But because of her job we anyhow survived. & I dont need alimony now,

I want to know what punishment or penalty our judiciary system can give to my so called father for his Irresponsible behaviour & negligence towards us. This is the only reason i am reopening this case after 28 years.

Even if you re-open the case by way of filing a 125 crpc stating change in circumstances, like Mr Katta explained it is time barred, your application will be dismisssed without costs.

Your mother is as much responsible for the neglect and loss towards your upbringing and overall support of the all of you ie kids and the mother, like your father.  Divorce has already happpened and its been done 28 years back.

This is the exact reason why I ask couples to re-think, especially the one's having kids about divorce, which they dont, ultimately it will affect mostly the kids and in many cases the warring parents also.

It is advisable to forget the matter.  If you want you can try establish new relationship with your father, thereby singing a new dawn to the relationship, than unlocking the cupboard of skeletons of ego etc etc which will only cause hurt to everyone involved.

The punishment has already been given by judiciary, no father to kids, and no kids to the father, and majorly no husband to the wife/mother for 28 years?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register