Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     06 June 2016

Mil property

Dear all,

after a big and long time, i got a property tax receipt and property tax details my MIL has been paying off over several years. the property is used commerically and rent comes to MIL every month. My MIL has no male kids except my wife. it means this property will come to my wife and hence she will get income.

Please advise if these property tax receipts can be shown on 498a and DV so that wife's DV maintenace will be dismissed. where else i can use these as a weapon for my defence?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 June 2016

Is it self acquired property or property acquired from parents or husband?

Is she Hindu?

Ravi (a)     06 June 2016

yeah, she is hindu.

not sure how she got but pl clarfiy both the cases.

if self acquire, what i have an option?

if acquired from parents/husband, what option i have?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 June 2016

no unless it comes to your wifes posession by means of will or intestate sucession or by way of gift it cant be considred as her property. and another thing its not certain that your wife will get the property because your mil property is considred to be her absolute property and she is free to give it to anyone she wants

Be sure how she got the property.

The authority under whose jurisdiction the property falls should have all mutation record, link documents.

Try to get a copy from the same e.g. patwaari.

Show the record to your able counsel, for a considred opinion.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     06 June 2016

1) During the life time of ur mother-in-law, how can u claim the property to be ur wife to avoid payment of maintenance to her?

2) After her demise, what will be position who knows.  By visualising ur wife may get, the cour will not act on apprehensions, but on facts.

Has your wife been getting any share from rent!

Check if there is any agreement to this effect.

Fully agreed that your wife shall get the proeprty and income only when your MIL disposes it in her favor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register