Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Seek suggestion for a mutual divorce

Hello,

Thank you for reading this post and helping me out to take a decision on matter I am describing below:

1. I got married in July 2005 in Bihar, (arranged marriage, without even meeting or seeing a photograph of her ), it was arranged by some common relatives. At that time I was working as a software development in a private firm.
  2. I belong to a below-middle class family, living in a slum in Delhi, my parents somehow managed my upbringing and education, I did my 12th from Delhi, Chemistry Hns from DU. Some other computer courses from NIIT and others. I tried to pursue MBA from a distance education but it did not click with me.
  3. At the time of marriage I had started earning enough from my job and pivate tuitions and had rented a small 2BHK in Sarita Vihar, Delhi. My wife pursuded me in Sept 2005 to bring her to Delhi, I wanted to come after I earn enough money and buy a small house. I went to her village and brought her to Delhi.
  4. My mother being illiterate and herself had seen enough in life, could not understand her, and there was a cold war going in since she came here. Things got ugly a day when my wife threw the meal and I slapped her.
  5. Meanwhile, I got a job in Dubai and went there alone in Dec same year, only to come back within a month as we missed each other, argued and fought over the phone.
  6. There went not a single month when we not have an arugement. I would be honest to admit that I hit her and hit her severly many times when she insulted my parents, me, my relatives and abused and provoked.
  7. Since 2006 my parents have been living in the village and come once or twice a year to meet us, when they need any medical assistance. 
  8. We also visit them once a year.
  9. By God's grace and my persistance to work hard ( 17-18 hrs a day ) I could buy a house in 2006 in Indirapuram, and moved here. Booked another house in 2010, bought another one in 2011 and finally booked an office space in 2013.
  10. Due to the wrong business decisions, I suffered a huge loss in business in 2014 to current FY. I had to sell one of the house in 2014 and selling the office space now.
  11. Coming back to the point, she never liked my parents, nor did I like her mother, as she spoiled her elder sister marriage and now living with her mother. My mother-in-law is responsible for her son's almost broken marriage ( they are living seperately and seeking a divorce ). There are as many as 5 cases running in their family, with my father-in-law's brother.
  12. My wife is happy and acts as ideal wife as long a I please my bro-in-aw, and parents-in-law and avoid my own parents. She has been mentally torturing me with abuses every now and then.
  13. Now that I said to her that since it is not possible for us to live in a harmony we should get seperated and get divorce. 
  14. She is saying that I should first give her 50% of all the assets that I have, then from the rest of 50% she gives her maintenance and all kind of money.
  15. I again admit that I injured her many times but for last many years I have been keeping patience even after many provocation. I had to even call the police last year to diffuse the situation before things would get out of control. 
  16. I have two bright sons studing in one of the best schools in Noida, have been topper in their school, olympiad and other competitive exams, aged 10 and 7. She even asks my kids not to talk to their grandparents.

Please guide and suggest to me what is best for both of us.

Kind Regards,

Abhishek Jha

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 June 2016

Reconcile and continue the marriage. You have no case for divorce with the facts mentioned here.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 June 2016

sir solve ur matter amicably without going to court relief.

Understand feeling of ur wife, listen her don't give up since life is ADJUSTMENT . Plz don't expect more from her.

If she don't agreed then MCD is possible.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     03 June 2016

agreed

A walk alone (-)     03 June 2016

Brother first control your temper stop beating wife. Its not a legal problem . Marriage life is just based on adjustment. Just try to reconcile. You are husband its your duty to maintain balance and healthy relationship between your wife and your mother. Dnt think about divorce at this stage of your life. Think at least about your children future. Children need both mother and father . Act wise infront of her say good things about her parents or other family members. Once you accept her family she will soon accept your parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register