Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod   26 May 2016

Bank refusing to convert my dues into emi

Hi,

I am Vinod i am using credit card of Axis bank from Jan 2014, seeing my transaction and salary i got a pre approved loan of 500000 in the month of june 2015 . managed to pay the EMI for some time in the month of OCT 2015 i lost my job and suffering without job till now.

Axis bank started asking to pay the dues, as i have stated before there is no job for me still i managed to pay the dues here and there  by pledging jewel, borrowing from friends etc.

After some time i even explained recovery agents also about my problem of no job, no agent is ready to talk to bank about the problem of no job no payment and help me in this concern.

Instead even if i attend the call of recovery agents and explain my problem, agents are coming to my house and asking about where is he in absence of me at home.Which i really feel its bad and not in a proper way..

I have requested bank through mail to convert the whole balance into EMI, the only answer what i get is not possible pay the whole amount at earliest.

And one more thing no where i have told that i will not pay i have only told to convert into EMI so that i can manage to pay.

If the bank is not ready t o understand that when there was salary the payments were in order and now due to his unemployment he is not able to pay , i couldnt understand whom to contact to get it resolved.

In this concern i need your suggestion how to handle.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 May 2016

You have explained to bank that you are unable to pay Principle , leave apart interest and penultimate charges.

Bank can refuse.

The Bank and its agents can not harass.

You may go thru;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/search_results_custom.asp?dir=forum&q=harrassment+by+ICICI+bank+recovery+agents&B1=GO

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Vinod   26 May 2016

HI,

Yes i have explained clearly to bank through mail; and even to recovery agents also .

Still they call me continuously for payment.

Finally should i lodge any complaint in my jurisdiction station or still should i talk to the bank.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 May 2016

You have explained to bank that you are unable to pay Principle , leave apart interest and penultimate charges.

Hence bank is concerned about getting its good money back.

Try to settle with bank.

If you are unable to resolve engage an able counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register