LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K R PRITHVI RAJ   25 May 2016

Legal heirship

Is the wife of a deceased husband, without children considered as a legal heir to the property of her in-laws, particularly the land property of his M-I-L who has inherited this land ? Both the in-laws are now deceased. The deceased brother has one brother and one sister as a part of his family .

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 May 2016

Yes heir of predeceased son is legal heir to inherit the property of the parents of the deceased son, in this case, wife is heir of the deceased son will be entitled to property of her father in law as well mother in law.

puttarazzz (OTHERS)     25 May 2016

Dear Experts,

Required divorce on contest basis, since my wife is not agree to mutual.

Can I apply directly for divorce on below mention ground, please advice and refer me a expert advocate to my case.

Married on 12.06.2005,

Living separately from May 2013 to till date(From May 2013 to Feb 2014 lived separately in the same roof, but in different rooms, from Feb 2014 to till date living separately)

have two children

She suspect on me and keeping in that her mind and tortured me almost the years taking one or other reasons.

She use to go anywhere without my consent, She left the

home without my consent and during my absence. She did

so on her own without any justifiable cause.

Not looking after needs of husband as wife's duty.

There are several meetings, negotiations and advice to her, effort was made by the my

parents,her parents and other relatives to settle our dispute. but there was no use.

She was changed the main gate lock after I separated from the family, even though all my belongs in that house.

She was not allowed my dress to take from the home

She was assaulted me when I want to take my dress

She was taken my hardly earned money 5 lacs from my parents and got deposited to her daughter name

She was abused and told several times going to kill me.

She created the gap between son and father and restricted to speak to me.

I did not torture her nor did I ever misbehave with her for any Reasons.

I have evidence to prove since my brother in law was at our home and  there are evidence when ever the meeting in my natives.

Sincere request to you all advise me on the above ground can I file a divorce petition through a expert advocate.

Thanking you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 May 2016

@ KR Prithvi Raj,

Who was owner of property?

Which personl law applies to deceased owner e.g; Hindu Succession Laws?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 May 2016

I agree with the views of Adv Mahajan.

Mr.Puttarazz post UR query in a new thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register