LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Banwari Lal Jangid (Retired senior citizen)     24 May 2016

Defamation threat

Sir, My resignation from redevelopment committee was submitted to the Secretary of my CHSL by stating a short statement as opinion about groupism (in favour of builder A or B or impartial) but without naming a member or builder and not a single defamatory word was used by me. Now, the remaining 10 committee members have sent a notice to me about a criminal & civil defamation cases on the plea that my resignation letter was displayed on notice board which has defamed them. But, my resignation was displayed by society`s secretary mischievously. Sir, Please tell me whether complainants will succeed in establishing a prima-facie case against me and why they are not annoyed with Secretary who has violated official secrets Act. Further, please advise me weather I can teach them a lesson for harassing a 75 years old, law abiding citizen unreasonably as the right to privacy is implicit in the right to life by Article 21. Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2016

You have posted that;

"my resignation was displayed by society`s secretary mischievously".

You already know it.

Engage an able counsel specialzing in such matters and let your counsel structure a fitting reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register