Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brachy   17 May 2016

Panchnama witness in 498a

Dear experts,

In the 498a case, police have filed a chargesheet and am facing the trial. In the chargesheet 2 of the witnesses statements are taken as panchnama witness without any panchnama done at my residence. Recently discovered one of the panchnama witness is a stock witness and the RTI response showed he has appeared in 5 other cases over the last 5 years(all the cases not connected to him), The other panchnama witness has not signed on the panchnama. 

My queries-

1. Can I use this info to my advantage to prove that the 498a case is a false case and the chargesheet was cooked up by police. 

2. Can any action be intitiated against the I/O and the Police inspector as the above exposes lacuna in the investigation

3. How much signi

Learning

3 Replies

Brachy   17 May 2016

3. How much significance does panchname witnesses hold in 498a case

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     17 May 2016

Action can be taken but it will take longer time and Court will ask simple question that did you take previous section of LG? So I suggest to concentrate over your case and defense. Thank you

Victim False Cases   22 May 2016

Brachy, just wondering how did you find out the witness to be a stock witness? can u plz give a short descripttion of the procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register