LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankita Duggal   11 May 2016

Contract teacher

Hi, Can you please advise whether contract teacher in Govt school claim herself as Govt employee.

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 May 2016

The contractual employee is also an employee. The service rules for contractual employee might be different.

Post full material facts pertaining to your query.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 May 2016

to my knowledge  she is not unless she is made permanent

I'm unable to locate in one of the supreme court judgement it was clearly define you can't claim yourself as Govt employee until you get permanent. Can you help me to find out that.

You have posted that "I'm unable to locate in one of the supreme court judgement it was clearly define you can't claim yourself as Govt employee until you get permanent."

So you are already aware that 'you can't claim yourself as Govt employee until you get permanent.'

Therefore why this thread!

The school is affilliated with which board?

Mr. Kumar- This was happened with one of my family member where Person is claiming herself as Govt Teacher & now she filed a divorce. We need this judgement refrence to support our statement .

>> The judgment of the Supreme Court of India:

was in context of: grant relief both qua regularisation and, in according, parity in pay to the petitioners.

State of Karnakata Vs. Uma Devi, 2006 (4) SCC 1 

>> The contractual employees,  cannot be equated with those who are regularly employed in matter of pay, allowances and other attendant benefits

Delhi High Court
Govt. School Teachers ... vs Union Of India And Ors. on 18 May, 2015

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2016

Originally posted by : Ankita Duggal
Hi, Can you please advise whether contract teacher in Govt school claim herself as Govt employee.

No

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     19 May 2016

you can not claim. as per the uma devi you have to serve 10 year afther that you right is enforceable by law and you can claim.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register