LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balkrishna   07 May 2016

Proofs required for birth certificate reg. after 20 years

I was born in Gujarat (25-09-1994), I have birth certificate in Gujarati too from the hospital.

My native state is Rajasthan, all the certificates (caste, domicile, adhaar card) are carrying details of my village. Now for the passport I need birth certificate. 
The online portal www.pehchan.raj.nic.in tells about registration and talks about documents from Sarpanch/Gram Sevak or whatever.

Can anybody please tell, how may I proceed for the application, if there is any way that my 10th marksheet also my DL, Adhaar Card can prove useful in this case.

Thanks in advance and sugggest me the way I can proceed with the application for the same at Tehsil.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 May 2016

A birth certificate has to be obtained from the competent authority for issuing of such certificates and then only it is valid for the purpose of passport.  The birth certificate from Hospital is a support, and with which you have to obtain birth certificate from competent authority (Village/ Tehasildar/Births Registrar depending on place of birth). ; The hospital is authority has an obligation to submit such information to Registrar of Births and it should have been recorded in his books, but without a name, mentioning parent's name only.

The procedure is simple, as you have to personally approach Birth Registrar, file a notarised affidavit with attestation of two gazetted officer's signature, file application with proof of photo/address identity and copy of birth certificate issued by Hospital.  They charge p[rescribed fees which are nominal.   Depending on your follow up, certificate can be obtained from one day to maximum 7 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register