LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.Pandian   19 April 2016

Clariffication regaurding filling of fir by police officials

A  Person  made  complaint  with  the  Police  against  a  Financial Company ( Share Trading ) and  its  members  regarding  non - payment  of  amount  invested  to  the  Share Trading.

In  this  regard,  kindly let me know,

(a)  Whether  the  Police  Officials   can file  FIR  against   the firm and its  members  without  making any enquiries  and  obtain  their  replies  in  writing from the  persons  concerned( i.e.  respondents )

(b)  A person’s  name  is  included  in  the complaint  who  is  in  no way  connected  to  that  company, but  his  name  is  also  included  in  theFIR  without   making  any enquiries  by  the  police officials.  Whether  is  it  correct?

(c)  Once  FIR  filed  as  stated  above  (without  making  any  enquiries  from  the  concerned  persons),  what  are  the  next  course  of  action by  the  Police  and  judiciary.

(d)  What  legal  remedies  are  available  to  the  respondents (against  whom  the  complaint  is  filed).

Learning

1 Replies

NANDKUMAR B SAWANT (ADVOCATE./LAWYER)     19 April 2016

SIR,

KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1. ONCE F.I.R. IS FILED AT ANY POLICE STATION AGAINST ANY PERSONS NAMED AS ACCUSED. THE POLICE MAY ARREST THE SAID PERSONS AND PRODUCE THEM BEFORE THE NEAREST COURT HAVING JURISDICTION.

2. AS A PRECAUTION THE SAID PERSONS NAMED AS ACCUSED MAY APPLY FOR ANTICIPATORY BAIL BEFOER SESSIONS COURT /HIGH COURT MENTIONING FACTS AND GROUNDS FOR THE SAID APPLICATION AND PRAY FOR INTERIM RELIEF AND PROTECTION FROM ARREST .

3. THE ACCUSED PERSONS MAY ALSO FILE A WRIT PETITION AT HIGH COURT FOR QUASHING THE SAID F.I.R.MENTIONING FACTS AND ON VARIOUS GROUNDS AND ALSO APPLY FOR INTERIM STAY OF SAME.

GOOD LUCK.

N.B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B. ADVOCATE  HIGH COURT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register