LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ALIASGAR PADHAR   03 April 2016

Urgent Help On Muslim Court Marriage Act

Sir I am only 19 years old and a girl is 21 years old we want to marry each other before july 2016 because her father is not ready for our marriage so please help me because her family is not ready for our marriage and she was engadged with other boy before 6 years and her family is going to marry her with that boy by december 2016 so what can i do if we want to marry each other.We both are muslims.Sir please help me as soon as possible

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

The word court marriage which is used generally is done under Special Marriage Act in front of registrar 

1) Min. Age of Boy under this act for marriage should be 21 and that of girl is 18 .

2) One month notice should be given 

3) Two witness from both side

Anyone can take objection , including Registrar if he feels age is less than the age prescribed in act. Sorry I can not help you ,but this is law

(Guest)

If girl protest against forceful marriage then there can be legal remedies , but for doing such thing either party should be financially , socially, emotionally strong.

At same time your age of 19 indicates you should be only 12 std or First year in univiersity as per standard education norms

So all seems difficult , you may consult some senior in family if they are supporing you and girl is supporting you then may be some thing can be worked out. Additionally you have to wait till 21 .

Muslim Personal law myself not studied properly . May be your religious Person can guide you if they have any thing in personal law . But court marriage (Special Marriage act) not possible 

(Guest)

Even if you fake age and found latter you can have legal problem as marriage may be considered not valid 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register