Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ami V.   01 April 2016

Can i write my maiden name & surname 4 my kid school admsn

Hello,

My maintanance case is going on in family court, gujarat since last 2+ years. My 3 yrs old baby girl is staying with me only since birth. Now at the time of school admission i am confused about using my maiden name and surname behind baby's name. I want to give her my name and surname only.

Maintanance Case is still pending, so please guide regarding this.

please note all my official document is on my maiden name and surname only. is there any SC verdict on the same. School admin. are asking for  making an affidavit for admission on my name behind baby's name.

so anybody have format of the same.

Awaiting your earliest reply. In next week only i need to submit affidavit otherwise they won't give admission to my baby with my name.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ami V.
Hello,

My maintanance case is going on in family court, gujarat since last 2+ years. My 3 yrs old baby girl is staying with me only since birth. Now at the time of school admission i am confused about using my maiden name and surname behind baby's name. I want to give her my name and surname only.

Maintanance Case is still pending, so please guide regarding this.

please note all my official document is on my maiden name and surname only. is there any SC verdict on the same. School admin. are asking for  making an affidavit for admission on my name behind baby's name.

so anybody have format of the same.

Awaiting your earliest reply. In next week only i need to submit affidavit otherwise they won't give admission to my baby with my name.

You seem to have big confusion regarding what is maiden name and what is surname of a child.

MAIDEN NAME:  Your father married your mother, and hence his name became your surname (WHICH WAS BEFORE YOU MARRIED YOUR HUSBAND) and your mothers name also has his name at the end.  These things are for married women.

SURNAME:  Now you married your husband and came out the little girl, who is daughter of your husband, hence your daughter should carry her father's name at the end of her name, WHICH BECOMES HER SURNAME AND NOT YOUR FATHERS NAME.

Now if you keep your fathers name which is your maiden name as your daughters surname ie the name of your father at the end of your daughters name, it will appear that you married your own father.

Now that would look really awful, wont it?

You cannot keep your father's name as surname for your daughter.  You need to keeep your daughter's father's name as surname and not even your name.

These maintenance cases etc, all that are long and cumbersome process.  I suggest you to reconcile with your husband for sake for childs future, dont complicate young mind's life by putting your dads name.  There are no soultions for marital disputes in courts.

If you had so much difficulty in using your husbands name, why did you marry in the first place, you could have gone for IVF etc why marriage for you, why children out of marriage for you?

1 Like

Ami V.   01 April 2016

sorry for some misunderstanding.

i would like to clear here few things :

like my name is Radhika (name) Shah (surname). this is my name before marriage and present on all official documents.(I dont want to put my father's name.)

and my daughter's name is Yatri.

so I want to keep Yatri Radhika Shah.

Is it necessary take consent of my husband for this. and can he raise any objection regarding this to school admin or in my on going maintanance case.

can he deny maintanance for my child because of this. please guide.

Ami V.   01 April 2016

@ Helping Hand

sorry but there are so many things and problems due to which I had to take action for filing this case and leaving my husband, my child'e father. i can't discuss it.

before this unfortunate period of problems I have never thought of leaving even my husband who is my child's father and ending our wedlock.

Unfortunately I had to take this decision in unavoidable circumstance, which is better for my daughter and me. Perhaps for him also.

I had never thought of keeping my child away from her father, but with very heavy heart I am doing this just to secure her future and our lives since last few years.

Reason for not using my husband's name behind my child name is, the person who has vanished life from our lives and filled it with pain and sorrow just because of his own psycho world of rules, thoughts and deeds.

Ami V.   01 April 2016

Thanks for suggestions

Ami V.   01 April 2016

y Ami V. on 01 April 2016 @ranee Each time presumption may not be right. Anyways thanks for the suggestion

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     10 April 2016

It's a crime. My suggestion to respected Bhabhi ji to use the surname of the father because if you enforce parental alienation even in slightest of sense. form then it is bound to come back in future. Be true, Be direct, face the world as it is. Regarding such name frauds/ misrepresentation, or concealment of true legal identity kindly check the postsc at:-

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Best-way-to-fight-against-false-domestic-violence-124445.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register