Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babu   29 March 2016

Copyright & tm violation of my employees

Hi,

• I was running a small fram with 8 employees where we used to manage couple of educational related websites by using same style for logo formats in each websites under one brand name i.e. my fram name. One year ago i had a serious accident and i was in hospital. It took almost a year to get full recover.

• After few weeks of my accident few of my employees make their own office and create their websites by copying my whole website content and the concept and started their own business.

• Even they used by business Facebook pages to promote their websites by sharing their website links. They used different name of their websites.. but they used the same style and format of my brand name.

• My brand name is already in TM status is registered. That website is also copyright protected. 

• After the 6 months of this incident when i heard that these people are copying my website content and uses my business pages, As i was not in working and talking condition, i email my hosting company to shut down my website temporary, then i remove their authorship from my business page. i have report to Google DMCA for the copyright violation, and Google also removed their pages from search engine.

• Now i am in 100% working condition, i lose thousands of dollar revenue for them. I want to take a action against them. I have couple of screen short (Picture) against them. Please guide me what should i do now. and can i make FIR against them.

Learning

1 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     30 March 2016

Contact to the TM lawyer who can give a proper advice.

But now you have to send them the legal notice along with the statement of loss. If they are using your copy right protected  and TM that means you are violating the Copy right and TM. You have to file the Copy right case as well as TM case and they are bound to pay the compensation.

J.P.Behera

jyotir.29@gmail.com

0-9861819294

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register