Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

University Teacher   11 March 2016

Regularisation of service in central government universities

Dear Sir, 

I have been working as a Lecturer in a Central University for more than six years now on contractual/temporary/ad-hoc basis. Our recruitment was done through an open advertisement in leading national newspapers which was followed by an expert interview. I was appointed in the pay scale of 15600-39100(AGP 6000) for a period of six months and our contract has been renewed every six months. Initially for a period of more than three years no gap was given in our contract but subsequently 1/2 day gap was given and salary was deducted accordingly. The appointment letter stated that we would be given pay and allowances as per UGC rule. But only DA hike has been given from time to time. I am also denied Earn Leave and other Leaves entitled to a Lecturer and are only given 10 days of Casual Leave in a year. What can I do with regards to regularisation of my service? Will these 1/2 day break affect my seniority in future? Please suggest an appropriate course of action.

Learning

7 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     20 March 2016

You can complaint in labour court for get your rights and for regularisation of your service and half day break will not effect your seniority as sc had ruled in many cases.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 March 2016

Teachers are not covered as ' Workman'. All affected teachers May join hands and first consult an able counsel with all employment related documents and understand options. Proceeds further after understanding options.

compliance   27 May 2016

you can contact to labour contractor.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2016

What can I do with regards to regularisation of my service?

ony request.

Will these 1/2 day break affect my seniority in future?

your serniority is yet to start from the day you are regularised.  as on now you are not on serniority list even if you continue like this till age of retirement.

Originally posted by : compliance
you can contact to labour contractor.

what is labour contractor and how he can help him.  He is ad-hoc not outsourced

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 May 2016

Teachers are not covered as ' Workman'. All affected teachers May join hands and first consult an able counsel with all employment related documents and understand options. Proceeds further after understanding options.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register