LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stranger   09 March 2016

Need lawyers suggestion for bill payment

I had a postpaid MTS data connection and I used to pay the bills with late payment charges due to busy schedules. And again I don't take any tension because I know I will make the payments with late payment charges. But one day during our client presentation(meeting) they have disconnected the connection and on request to customer care they told me "You have not paid the bill so we have disconnected the line". I have told them that without connection how I will pay the bill because at that time I was in meeting and MTS cusomer care office is far away from my place but they don't agree. So I have taken the decision I will not pay the bill because everything got impacted my business as well as my project due to this connection and I have informed the same.

After that they again generate the bill for 2 months with late payment and start threatening over phone for non payment of bill continuously for 3 months from last bill generation.

Atlast they have filed a petition/Case for the amount and requested presense in court. I am not ready to pay the amount because due to that connection my business and projects got impacted. And again why I should pay for the bill period in which I am not able to use the connection. I am not ready to visit court as well.

So will you please guide me how to handle this case.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 March 2016

mts would have got some norms which they should have followed when you hadnt paid the bills on time.if they have followed the norms you cant put them on fault for discontinuing the connection.if the connection is so important for you and you were busy then you must have taken care that you assign someone to pay the bill and also if you dont want to continue their services you should have cancelled their connection by making a cancellation request.since you havent done that nor paid the charges they have approached the court

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 March 2016

Any one must approach and deal with clean hands and fair manner.  One should appreciate that outstandings has to be liquidated, without giving scope for such measures that may follow if bills are not paid promptly.

Being a business person, one need not explain the discipline in making prompt payment.  Pay the bill and settle the issue out of the court, instead of protracting simple matters as some times it may reflect in credit rating also.  I know cases where Bank managers are suspended for not making bills promptly, resulting in disconnection of landlines.  Forget what happened and honor your commitments, and it is ultimately your delay that caused all the problems.

Stranger   09 March 2016

In petiton/case intimation letter with PL No they have requested court presence on 21st march, 2016. So is it possible to settle the payment in between with MTS? If yes, what is the procedure.

And secondly is there any possibility of withdrawing the case?

And also let me know how to proceed without any legal proceedings as I don't want any court harassment. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register