LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     05 March 2016

Please help

Please advice.. i filed dvact in 2012 and asked for an alternate accomodation.at the time of filing dvact i was at my parents house but later i re-entered my matrimonial home.now am staying in my matrimonial home.. i have an order under dvact that my inlaws can evict me only under civil suit.so later instead of filing civil suit my inlaws filed an appeal in the sessions court against the dvact order.in sessions court my husband has offered an alternate accomodation.he wants me to stay at a rent house alone.but i have told the.judge that i don't want to stay on rent.my query is: 1. Will the judge send me on a rent accomodation forcefully? 2. Will she ask for my consent or not? 3. Judge wife ko rent pe akele rehne ke liye order kar sakti hai?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : shivani
Please advice.. i filed dvact in 2012 and asked for an alternate accomodation.at the time of filing dvact i was at my parents house but later i re-entered my matrimonial home.now am staying in my matrimonial home.. i have an order under dvact that my inlaws can evict me only under civil suit.so later instead of filing civil suit my inlaws filed an appeal in the sessions court against the dvact order.in sessions court my husband has offered an alternate accomodation.he wants me to stay at a rent house alone.but i have told the.judge that i don't want to stay on rent.my query is:
1. Will the judge send me on a rent accomodation forcefully?

2. Will she ask for my consent or not?
3. Judge wife ko rent pe akele rehne ke liye order kar sakti hai?

Under DV act you can ask residential orders or Rent.  You cant get both.  If court orders ur husband to pay rent to you, you can go and stay anwhere you want.  Rent is given as compensation so that you will not be put on streets, but usually women go and stay in theirs fathers place and still take rent from husband.  The judge wont ask you to take rent and go stay alone in some place.  And judge cannot make your husband stay with you.

What is the problem if I may ask, why do your inlaws want to remove you from their house, why did you file DV case? Can you elaborate?.

Please check ur pm @ helping hand

@renuka : ok..thanks fr ur advice..will the judge order me to stay on rent just because husband has offered a rent accomodation? Will she direct me vthout my consent??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register