LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Software Engineer)     02 March 2016

Passport act 1967 permanent address issue

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/editor_upload/200431_20160302225445_841666047full_page_photo.pdfHi Team,

I need a legal advise. Firstly, I had one question i.e. "What is stated in Passport Act 1967, in case permanent adress is not available and parent's address is same as my current rented address?"

I raised RTI for the same but no reply.

Case:

I recently renewed my passport (under Normal) stating my current address as permanent where I am staying from 1st November 2012 now and as address proof I had given Election commission Card dated 5/6/2013. So, its been around 3 years 3 months I am staying at this address.

During Police Verification, I showed him all the documents he told me to show, then he asked that if this is my permament address and I said that this is rented house but he didnt stated/asked anything further. He further asked for Rs1500 as fees which I had already paid online and which I had stated him as well. I denied to give him money since I already had paid.

Now, I got a Adverse Report stating that "Applicant shown rented house as his/her permament Address. Please submit your clarification regarding supression of permanent add (PFA). Do I have to provide them more address proof and if yes than what? I called them multiple times and they told me to come to the Office with all the documents :)

Secondly, Do I have to report to Ghaziabad Regional Passport Office in personnel or I can send them a letter/email stating the same with my Lease Document Photocopy?  But what is the requirement to meet them in personnel? 

If we see the passport form also, we dont have any other option to specify that we don't have permanent address. Also, I got review from some of the co-workers(internet) that if you will go to passport office (which is open 4 days and 3 hours only whereas I have my job and my home to handle), you have to pay them 1500 (which I cant afford from my salary being a middle class salaried person) to clear the reports since you have not paid to Police and if you do not do so, you would be going there again and again.

Please suggest me what I should do?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register