LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Business)     23 February 2016

Cheating/ Fraud

An application for conversion of plot from leasehold to freehold with the concerned authority. During verification, officer claims that GPA and agreement to sell have been forged however applicant is denying. The file has gone to Legal Deptt of the authority. Officer says that Police complaint will be filed and forensic tests will be done for signatures. Now It came to the notice of the applicant that some fake person pretending to be the original owner has sold the property to them by forged signatures. Applicant is staying in the house for the last 25+ years and no such thing has came into his eyes. No legal complaint or claim against the said property in these 25+ years. Applicant has the proof of possession by way of Govt IDs of the same address. Is this a way of demanding bribe by prolonging the matter or what next to be done?

Learning

2 Replies

Aashish George (lawyer)     23 February 2016

well, there have been cases where one land has been sold to multiple people at a time, the orginal owner gets lost in the pile up. your case is truly unfortunate, but if they have a documentary evidence to prove their contention then a clear case of cheating is made out. i suggest you hire a good advocate to look into the matter, plus you should prepare yourself fir anticipatory bail.

best of luck

regards

aashish george

Suraj Kumar (Business)     23 February 2016

Thanks Aashish ji ! I guess there is a confusion about my query. Let me explain it again : 1. Allottment made in 1985 and sold via unregistered GPA in 1987. 2. Application made for conversion from leasehold to freehold in 2015 which is still pending. All the dues were cleared in 2004. 3. No proof as to property sold to multiple persons. Nobody has claimed the property and applicant is residing peacefully for the last 25+ years. 4. During freehold conversion process, officer blamed that GPA has been forged and false documents has been prepared from back date. There were no base for blaming it. The officer threatened that forensic tests will be done to which applicant agreed as no forgery has been done on his part. 5. He has sent the file to legal deptt but no original papers taken from applicant. Just because the officer has doubt, can FIR be filed without any base? I mean doubt could be a reason to file police complaint? I am not sure but believe that Forensic test can only be done after FIR. Is it a way to create a fear and linger the process to have the bribe? The matter is pending for the last 7 months and they have a timeline of 90 days to convert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register