Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samhigens123 (professional)     14 February 2016

Wife and in-laws are mentally harrasing - need divorce

Hello Members and experts,

Its almost 1 year 9 months of our marriage. And there had been mane rough eperiences within that. I am only one child of my parents. My wife is working, we have no whatsoever  My wife is not willing to support the home responsibilities and basic ettiquites of my home. And from what I understand, she demands that we should bent to her rules and sacrifice our values.

Recently, she called in her parents and now they are like enjoying uninvited hospitality, using/wasting our resources, cornering me an mother into a room and hell with our privacy. She did all the time, now her parents as well are treating my parents disrespectfully.

With their attitude I doubt their intentions. They started a quarrel one day abusing me and mother, and that is when her mother used the golden words, as in threating us of legal cases and throwing false allegation that we tried to burn her daughter alive. And thereafter their intensions were clear to me and my parents. I have a proof of the same, audio.

I have made a firm decision as to divorce her, but I hardly believe that she would agree to divorce on mutual concent so easily.

Me and parents are under lot of stress. Please advice how can I get his straight. What should be course of action.

Please help me in saving my parents and myself from this mess.

Thanks to all.

Learning

1 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 February 2016

First try to solve your matter amicably with your wife for that you can take help of your both sides of respected relatives, set aside yours ego and then sit both the families together and sort out your misunderstandings and differences then and there, and findout a path which you both husband and wife will follow, if you had done all your efforts to save your married life then make a complaint in writing to the police narrate all including their threat for draging you in false cases,keep the receiving of complaint with you safely also the recording, after doing that file contested divorce case on the ground of mental cruelty u/s 13(1)(i- a) of hindu marriage act in the family court of your district .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register