LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sammy   11 February 2016

Incorrect offer by employer

My friend was interviewed by XYZ company on 2nd August at Royal Orchid, Pune. She had cleared the HR round and was offered 35% on the previous CTC.

However, there was some misinterpretation of my CTC on the part of HR because of which incorrect offer of 4.12 LPA was sent to her. Her CTC was 3.88 LPA and she had been offered 4.12 LPA, which is 6% hike on my previous CTC. My friend had already provided salary slip and then existing compensation letter.

She had a mail conversation with HR and he had agreed that it was a mistake and he would be revising my offer to 5.25 LPA. My friend was waiting for the revised offer letter. Meanwhile, My friend had received joining forms from HR. Again on contacting HR,she was told that she will get my revised offer letter soon and should complete joining formalities till then.

Based on this confirmation, My friend submitted resignation in previous company and was serving notice period.

She had chased HR for more than 3 months for the revised offer letter, sent him several mails to which he never replied. Also, he did not answer any of her calls even after several follow ups. When My friend tried to contact recruitment team on call recruitment team, My friend was told that my revised offer is in approval process and will get the letter within 2 weeks. Again after chasing HR TEAM, they told her that she had to join on the package of 4.12 saying that they were not sure as to when the business approvals for my revised package would be in place. 

As My friend had almost completed my notice period in my previous company and did not have any other job, My friend was forced to join with 6% hike and had to provide acceptance for the same.

Also, she have now been deputed on onshore with a bond that she has to pay all the amount incurred on my behalf to company if her employment ends within 12 months of being sent abroad.

Is this behavior correct on the part of company/HR/recruitment team? She am waiting for her salary to be revised as per what was agreed in the HR discussion and her experience. Is there any way that she can resign from the company and not pay any recovery amount.

My friend have the mail chains with HR. But Hr team is not ready to accept this.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 February 2016

A gane was played and you succumbed to the tactics and accepted the offer.

Now merits and option can be ascertained only after all record that you have.

YOu may show all record to an able counsel specializing in labor-service matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register