LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Dwivedi   09 February 2016

Job on compassionate grounds

My age is 40 now. My father was employed as a development officer in LIC. At the time of his death on 18th January 1993, i was 16. I completed my 12th and was informed to do typing to get the job. I did that as well and then made to apply for the job. The application was rejected stating that i should have applied within a year of the death of my father. What can i do now? Please guide. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     09 February 2016

1) At the time of death of ur father in service, if u were 16 years old, u would hv filed an application with LIC for compassionate ground employment and waited till attaining the majority, within one year but u failed.

2) Even after attaining the age of 18, u hv also lost the chance by not applying in writing.  Had u just applied, if LIC argues one year limitation would hv been contested.

3) After lapse of about 24 years of the death of ur father, why r u now questioning is unknown.  During the period hv u exchanged any correspondence with LIC but not successful?

4) Have u tried through LIC Dev officers Assn in which ur father must be a member, who would be able to use their good office to help u.

5) Moreover, compassion appointments are of gratis cannot be on demand, now-a-days is made extremely difficult as per GoI guidelines.  What was ur financial status whether warrant such appointment.

6) In the absence of any reasons for such in ordinate delay of long 24 years, the legal remedies also may not be of much help.

Harish Dwivedi   09 February 2016

I did fill up the employment application in 1995. The reason being, that i was told to first complete my HSC which I did in 1994 but the union leader told me since my % secured were less than 60, I need to further do typing 40wpm which I did in 1995 and then applied for the job. They told me the application was rejected because I did not apply within a year of my father's death. No communication after that. Financially we went to worse in the days that followed. We have been misguided and also did not had enough money to file a lawsuit. Doing better now hence, decided to check whether anything can be done? Please help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register