LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abusedwife_2015   26 January 2016

Damages for making grave allegations against wife

My husband has made very s*xually crude, indecent allegations against me in his divorce notice in an attempt to portray me as adulterous. I have solid evidence against each & every allegation that is mentioned in the notice and much more evidence for the abuses I went through at his house.

I'm sure I can defeat this case but can I sue for damages if I win the divorce case? The allegations are completely baseless and very insulting.

Learning

4 Replies

Sidharth   26 January 2016

Litigation expenses can be claimed only after winning the case

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     26 January 2016

Yes. after defeating his divorce case, you can file either defamation case or perjury case on the basis of the allegations levelled against you.  Further,, in DV case, even now you can file for compensation and damages and if you succeed independently that the allegations leveled against you are false, you will be entitled to damages / compensation even before divorce case is decided.

SuperHero (Manager)     26 January 2016

Originally posted by : abusedwife_2015
My husband has made very s*xually crude, indecent allegations against me in his divorce notice in an attempt to portray me as adulterous. I have solid evidence against each & every allegation that is mentioned in the notice and much more evidence for the abuses I went through at his house.

I'm sure I can defeat this case but can I sue for damages if I win the divorce case? The allegations are completely baseless and very insulting.

How much time is required in the Court of Law to do all thissss???

abusedwife_2015   31 January 2016

@SuperHero To prove my innocence or to file for defamation/perjury cases? Either way I don't know the answer. I request the experts the contribute.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register