LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Supreme Court Lawyers

India is one Nation. But why all the advocates of our country are not entitled to practice in Supreme Court? Why this disparity? Rules may be amended suitably. I request all our LCI members to voice our concern. It is pertinent to note that the Supreme Court has criticised Counsels on Record for merely lending names. They don't even know who is appearing on their behalf, what's the facts of the cases, etc., Systems such as Simple name lending and those who are making fast buck without any effort may be deprecated.

Learning

6 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     13 January 2010

There is nothing wrong to appear for the respective Examination and qualify yourself for practice as Advocate on record in supreme court.

(Guest)

I mean why there should be an exam separately and I reliably learnt that many of the South Indians are not passing out with ease.

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     14 January 2010

Not only Examination. You have to have an office space in Delhi and some other other requirements are there restraining the lawyers from other parts of India  to become advocate on record. It is clear discrimination to the advocates from other states. We must raise our voice against this.

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     17 January 2010

If we take a note, That if a person appears IN-PERSON  he is permitted to appear before the Supreme court. Whereas  even an experienced lawyer is not permitted to appear in the supreme court. It  amount todiscrimination Needs ammendement to the rules. 

girishankar (manager)     16 February 2010

Well said Mr.Roa and Mr .Sunder

girishankar (manager)     17 February 2010

sirs,

Many retired Judjes are Practicing in supreme court have they gone thru any exams and now a days many Cases are not examined on merits of the case.it Depends on whose sitting in the SC bench and who is related to the Bench

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register