Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anilpandey   13 January 2016

Attorney general

Dear Experts,

kindly let me know the difference between Attorney General & Advocate General, as far as i know that Attorney represents the central Govt whereas Adovacate General represent the state Govt, but in one latest case where haryana Govt. was represented by the Attorney General Mr. Mukul Rohatgi in Supreme Court in the case of local body election like Gram Pradhan, where decision was in favour of Haryana Govt. so please shor out my this confusion that Attorney General Can represent a state in Supreme Court?

Anil Pandey

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 January 2016

The Attorney Gemeral is the Indian Government's Chief Legal Advisor and he will be appointed by the President of India and the term of the Attorney General is five (5) years.

An Advocate General is State Government 's Lega Adviser and the post of advocate general will be created by constitution of India.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 January 2016

The Attorney Gemeral is the Indian Government's Chief Legal Advisor and he will be appointed by the President of India and the term of the Attorney General is five (5) years.

An Advocate General is State Government 's Lega Adviser and the post of advocate general will be created by constitution of India.

anilpandey   14 January 2016

Sir Kavksatyanarayana, 

your ans is not sufficient for my confusion, please read again my ques.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register