LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Appu S   04 January 2016

Notice period waiver in public sector organisations

I have resigned from my organisation which is a psu to go for another organisation which is a govt of india establishment. It is clearly given in the service rules that the competent authority can waive notice period if the employee is going to another psu. But the authority is refusing my request for waiver citing that he will not waive the notice period since i have worked for 2 years. There is no possibility for the postponement of joining date in the psu that i am going to. Please suggest any methods which can prevent my paying them a huge sum of money

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 January 2016

You may refer to the clause on waiver verbatim.

If it states that waiver is available if employees is joining from one PSU to another PSU, then you have a right to claim.

If it states that it can't be waived if employee has served for say...................2Years then you can't claim.

If it states that waiver is discretion then it is discretion and you need to convince.

Hence downlaod the rules first and refer to these verbatim.

Until then take care and do not antagonise the Manager/Authority.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2016

You may go through the employment offer letter for the conditions stipulated for resignation or transfer o another department etc

As suggested you may verify the rules in this regard and decide about the legal course of action on it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register