LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai Ganesh (AP)     27 December 2015

Requesting court to direct the wife's past employer to submi

I need advice in requesting court to direct the wife's past employer to submit her employment details. I had applied RTI; but her advocate obtained injunction order against me. The court order states to receive information through court. Her advocate mis-led the employer in interpretation of the order and suceeded in denying the required information to me. I wish to make an application to the court. I need help in understanding the procedure.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     27 December 2015

1) "Under Section 8 (1) J of the RTI Act, there is no obligation on the information officer to give personal information, disclosure of which has no relationship with any public activity or interest or which would cause unwarranted invasion on the privacy of the individual unless the authority is satisfied that the disclosure of such information is in larger public interest."

2) Why do you want such personal information and what for unknown.  May be, your wife, you cannot infringe into per personal rights and RTI is not meant for that.

3) The PIO himself can reject not to talk of going to the court restraining the past employer to do so.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 December 2015

If U can come out with more details pertaining to the case we can suggest U in a better way.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     28 December 2015

If it is maintenance case or maintenance application, you have right to move appropriate application before the court seeking direction to summon the salary records of the wife from the employer.  It is your right.  Your advocate will guide you.  Need not take the assistance of RTI Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register