Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Trinath   07 December 2015

Property dispute after father's death

Hi Sir,

My grandfather owns a property. He has 5 sons including my father. After grandpa's death, my grandma has given the land to my father. the ownership of the land is in my father's name. But there were no signs on registration document by the remaining sons. Instead we had a Bond signed by all the remaining brothers that the ownership will be for my father and there is no rights for them and their children. When we consulted lawyer, he's saying that it's a private document and cannot be legal, it wont stand in the court. Kindly advise.

Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Trinath   07 December 2015

Try to add value to the discussion, with your each post.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     07 December 2015

Sir,

You say the entire property is registered in your father's name, therefore that means that all the other siblings have relinquished their right and therefore the property has been registered in your father name.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

SUDHIR DATTATRAYA INAMDAR (Managr I.R. )     07 December 2015

My father died in 2001. Later on My sisters 3 nos added their names  including my self as heirs.

we have small house only. My view is that considering latest supreme court judgment daughters

do not have equal rights if father dies before 2005.

Can I appeal to city survey office to cancel names of my sisters.

presently no body is looking to this property. I am out of station and the required bills taxes are paid by me

Pl advise

SUDHIR DATTATRAYA INAMDAR (Managr I.R. )     07 December 2015

If posible try to register  the document. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 December 2015

Mr sudhir that's for ancestral property and not self acquired property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register