Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRIDHAR CH (Software Professional)     30 November 2015

Rights on sibling earned properties to sister after death

Dear Sir,
We've a concern about properties of my Grand Mother's brother who actually earned all properties himself and was an unmarried/single person and not written his properties to any of his siblings.
I just wanted to know whether my grand mother has any right to appeal or claim for that properties.
Below are the points about this case:

1. First lets call him SUBBU
  2. Total 5 siblings (along with SUBBU & my grand mother 3 Male + 2 Female)
  3. SUBBU was single/unmarried and he didnt adopted anyone in his life.
  4. SUBBU was never relied on anyone and lived alone but his majority of life is monitored and taken care unofficially by my GRAND MOTHER only
  5. SUBBU didn't returned any WILL on anyone's name
    • SUBBU Passed away without any written WILL on anyone's name
  6. SUBBU & my GRAND MAA had one Yelder brother. At the monent he is no more but he has two sons
  7. Unofficially my GRAND MAA treated him as another child and guarded him
  8. All SUBBU's assets are earned by himself and not and inherited properties from his father.

Children of SUBBU's (or) my GRAND MAA's yelder brother are saying that they are descendents of SUBBU's & their father's family. So they deserved to take the entire property/assets of SUBBU without giving anything to SUBBU's SISTERs(to my GRAND MAA and her sister)

Kindly advise me whether my GRAND MAA is eligible for claiming to get her part in the total assests of SUBBU.

Thanks a ton for reading this and replying on it in advance.

Regards,

--

SRIDHAR CH

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 November 2015

You didn't mention whether your grand maa is alive or not if yes then your grand maa being a class II legal heir of subbu is the only person to take over all his property, the brother of the subbu had died earlier hence his son has no right over the property their right will comes only then if your grand maa relenquish her right .
1 Like

SRIDHAR CH (Software Professional)     30 November 2015

Dear Laxmi Kant Josh,

Million thanks for your prompt response.
Yes.. My Grand Mother is stil alive and SUBBU's brother wife is also alive.
What about SUBBU's brother's wife share in the propery?
and along with my GRAND MAA she has another sister and she is also still alive and is she also entitled for the assets. As my GRAND MAA and SUBBU were having no words with their last sister from last 25 years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register