Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bikramjit singh   30 November 2015

Need legal advice

Hi,

my father filed a divorce case in 1996 in ludhiana district courts. Since after that(aug 2014) last year court accepted divorce with maintenance cost to wife, with condition that his sons(me(27) and my brother(24) may live with him.within a month,he sold his house and just go somewhere else while we were busy in college in studies.After 2-3 months, we found that he remarried in 2001-02 and had son, to whom he named after all his property.Now, we dont know what to do. Is there anything we can do.

i would like to know if:-

1. we can re-open the case.

2.we can apply for fraud and bigamy

plzz help

Learning

5 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     30 November 2015

Bigamy is maintainable in this case . But the delay in filing the case shall have to be explained by you. Since you realised that he had left and gone in 2001 itself , then you should have approached the court promptly. If u can explain the delay then there is hope

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     30 November 2015

Bigamy is maintainable in this case . But the delay in filing the case shall have to be explained by you. Since you realised that he had left and gone in 2001 itself , then you should have approached the court promptly. If u can explain the delay then there is hope

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     30 November 2015

You may firl a case of bigamy, you need to disclose the date on which you came to know anbout fact of bigamy.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitish Banka

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 November 2015

Though it is time barred,nothing wrong in filing a case for bigamy and deserting UR mother(with valid evidences).If the property is his self earned then he can do as he likes,U cannot contest now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register