LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nivedita   27 November 2015

Ugc - net/jrf certificate denied

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant. In 2013 - Decemeber - I appeared for UGC Net (Commerce). The results were out in April 2014. I passed this exam and was eligible for JRF scholarship. 

Then I applied for the certificate in July 2014. UGC denied to issue on the ground - I do not possess a Master's degree in Commerce and Chartered accountancy will not fall in the 'equivalent' category. I asked them to provide the same in documented form and I received it somewhere in Dec 2014/Jan 2015.

Then I filed RTI with UGC, AICTE and Ministry of HRD. This RTI seeked answer to whether the CA course is considered equivalent to MAsters in Commerce or not. 

In the replies-

As per UGC and AICTE, they are not the authority to decide on the issue.

MHRD redirected to Ministry of Cor. Affairs , which was further redirected to ICAI. ICAI enclosed a document by AIU, wherein recognition is granted to CA course.

Now I want to move to High Court or the relevant court to take the case forward. How should I proceed?

Thanks
Nivedita

Learning

1 Replies

vidya wange   18 January 2024

Originally posted by : nivedita

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant. In 2013 - Decemeber - I appeared for UGC Net (Commerce). The results were out in April 2014. I passed this exam and was eligible for JRF scholarship. 

Then I applied for the certificate in July 2014. UGC denied to issue on the ground - I do not possess a Master's degree in Commerce and Chartered accountancy will not fall in the 'equivalent' category. I asked them to provide the same in documented form and I received it somewhere in Dec 2014/Jan 2015.

Then I filed RTI with UGC, AICTE and Ministry of HRD. This RTI seeked answer to whether the CA course is considered equivalent to MAsters in Commerce or not. 

In the replies-

As per UGC and AICTE, they are not the authority to decide on the issue.

MHRD redirected to Ministry of Cor. Affairs , which was further redirected to ICAI. ICAI enclosed a document by AIU, wherein recognition is granted to CA course.

Now I want to move to High Court or the relevant court to take the case forward. How should I proceed?

Thanks

Nivedita

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register