LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     18 November 2015

Use of one court's document in another court

A defendant has written his views in his submitted written statements to a court. In another court concerning the same property but a different case, he provides totally contradicting views.

So can the documents from one court be used in another court to prove that he is lying? If so under which provisions of law? 

Learning

4 Replies

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     20 November 2015

Yeas. The written statement can be used in another court.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     21 November 2015

It can be used to confront and contradict the witness at the time Of his deposition . But the certified copy of the written statement shall have to be proved as per law

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     21 November 2015

In that case can a perjury case also be filed? If it can then in which court? The same civil trial court or separately in a criminal court?

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     23 November 2015

Forgery from what I understand is when somebody forges a document with false signatures etc.

But this person is saying in one court in his Written Statement that one particular piece of documentary evidence is OK. In another court  he is saying that this same document is manufactured. Then isn't this a case of perjury?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register