LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Kr Machhain (advocate)     15 November 2015

About car invoice

I booked Creta vehicle on 17 August, 2015 by paying booking amount Rs25000/=. On dated 24/08/2015 I requested for the proforma Invoice from the Co.so that I can apply for the loan from the bank. They mailed the same and the Cost of the vehicle was 9,67,696.00 and the bumper to bumper insurance was 40,856.00 and with same invoice I deposited in the bank they agreed to give me the loan. But due to some reasons the delivery of vehicle got delayed. On 14 Nov 2015 I received a mail from the Hyundai co. that my vehicle is in transit so deposite the amount within 5 days. I requested them to mail Invoice and they mailed the invoice in which the cost of the vehicle is 9,77,807.00 enhanced by 10,000.00 and the insurance is 34337.00 (bumper to bumper not mentioned in the invoice). Now my question to all learned friends is I booked vehicle in the month Aug 2015 at that time cost was 9,67696.00 but now at the time of delivery in the month of Nov 15 they are asking 10,000 more. what should I do should I deposit the enhance amount or ask them that I will pay the amout which was at the time of booking the vehicle. Need Help please advice

thanks 

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     15 November 2015

price at the time of delivery will apply.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     16 November 2015

There are so many irregularities of the Car company.  Once you paid the booking amount, the price of the vehicle is fixed.  It cannot be changed. Not delivering the vehicle on time is there fault.  You can file a consumer case.  You will definitely win.  Write a letter to the vehicle company saying that you are ready to pay Rs. 9,67,696.00  with a condition of Bumper to Bumper Insurance. See the response.  If they agree it is ok.  If they refuse then cancell the deal and go for any other vehicle. Simultaneously file Consumer case.  You will get back the Rs. 25,000/- along with interest and damages.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register