Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amitanshu Rai   13 November 2015

Purchase of flat by power of attorney

Dear Esteemed Lawyers,

I am staying and working in France, I want to appoint my real brother to act as power of attorney on my behalf for loan sanction and registration of property.I would be doing this in Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh,India.

For this i have got a bank format POA authorized from Indian Embassy France.Would request to please advise what would be the next step which my brother needs to do, in order to use the authorized POA even for registration of property on my behalf. The content is mainly to say about sanction of Home loan,it would be really very helpful if i could be guided ahead on steps which needs to be followed.Thanks for your help in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

siddhartha sinha   14 November 2015

For bank loan against property a notarized poa is more than enough. But for poa allowing power of registration it has to be registered poa first. Write the poa on plain paper sign on all pages and get it attested by embassy in same way. Send it by post. Ask your brother to keep this envelope. Your brother might be asked to submit an affidavit, passport copy of yours, his own id and address proof(s), document to proof he is your brother and original poa. The sub-registrar where he has to submit them depends on his residential address. Many more docs may be demanded though not legally required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register