LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetna   09 November 2015

Marriage

Sir i want to marry with my mother's long relationship cousin brother.the generation gap is too large between the boy i want to marry and my mom is this marriage possible?piz sir reply fast

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 November 2015

If you are a Hindu then the relationship shouldn't fall within the prohibited relationship and both of you must be major.age difference shouldn't matter

So sir is this marriage possible. Or any restrictions are there

And i am hindu.sir we can't live without each other. Piz tell we can marry or not

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     10 November 2015

You can marry him, as u told that guy is in far relation of your mother. There is no legal issue, but may be family issues, so consult with your family.

Thanks

Chetna   10 November 2015

Sir i want to clear that the boy whom i want to marry is my mother's cousion brother .And the relation is due to their dada k dada and so on....is trh s 8 generation tk k gap k bd k purvj h jinse y relation bna.at that point sir,suggest me is this marriage possible? And hw i make my parents to allow this marriage?

Chetna   11 November 2015

Sir pizzz suggest me

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     13 November 2015

Please be clear that, if the relation chain is like this, which you have told, then may be you both have Gotra which are prohibited (Your mother and his father shall have same gotra) and it will create very big problem. Regional traditions also effect this gotra system, as in south girl can marry his mother's brother or his son. 

Marriage between Girl and boy belonging to the same Gotra are considered to be siblings in Hindus and hence it is prohibited for them to marry even if they belong to distant families. The reason given was since they belonged to the same ancestor, it will be like a brother marrying a sister which is known to cause genetic disorders in their offspring.

Some times strong bonding between two persons also create issues, like your mother and his father havind bonding of sisiter and brother.

Think before taking any decision, as it may distrub many families.

Thanks

Chetna   13 November 2015

Sir actually that boy is my mama.but wht can i do.piz sir give me the solution he is not my brother he is my mama.sir pizzz give me some solutions...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register