LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     25 October 2015

Diference of ad interim petition and interim petition

Plz any learned healp me what is diference between Ad interim and interim petition?

Learning

2 Replies

anushree kapadia (advocate)     26 October 2015

Hi Interim, is what we all understand as - during the pendency of proceedings. Any order would only be passed after hearing the other side and that also applies to interim orders. However, in a gross case to avoid miscarriage of justice and to prevent the proceedings from getting infructuous, some orders may be passed at the time of issuing notice to the other side. Such orders are subject to the contentions of other side that may be raised on the first returnable date. If the other side is able to convince the court as to necessity for vacating ad-interim relief on the first returnable date, such ad-interim orders would be vacated. If the other side needs time to address the court, the ad-interim measures may continue. If the other side is unable to show any valid prima face case against the ad-interim order, such ad-interim order may be confirmed as an interim order. I hope I have been able to explain it instead of confusing you more. :)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 November 2015

Learned Advocate Anushree Kapadia's good piece of explanation on the subject query is perfect and appreciable, nothing more to add to it. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register