Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subholaxmi   18 October 2015

Please help - need information

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

Need some important information about Right to Education

a) Is it mandatory for all private schools to abide by Right to Education rule?
b) Which private schools need to implement Right to Education rule? How much percentage of students should be allowed for RTE?
c)Are schools run by minority institutions are exempted from Right to Education?

I need this information a bit urgently. I would be grateful if anyone gives this informatio

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 October 2015

You are running a school and technology is at your fingers' tip.  Why do not you search in Google and download the entire Act.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 October 2015

search google or contact district education officer.

(Guest)

1] minority institution will have to apply right to education rule.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1140914/jsp/nation/story_18833955.jsp#.ViMkB25GS9c

2] i think its mandatory for all private school

https://www.prsindia.org/theprsblog/?tag=rte

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2015

The Right of children to Free and Compulsory Education Act came into force from April 1, 2010. 

Any cost that prevents a child from accessing school will be borne by the State which shall have the responsibility of enrolling the child as well as ensuring attendance and completion of 8 years of schooling. No child shall be denied admission for want of documents; no child shall be turned away if the admission cycle in the school is over and no child shall be asked to take an admission test. 

All private schools shall be required to enroll children from weaker sections and disadvantaged communities in their incoming class to the extent of 25% of their enrolment, by simple random selection. No seats in this quota can be left vacant. These children will be treated on par with all the other children in the school and subsidized by the State at the rate of average per learner costs in the government schools (unless the per learner costs in the private school are lower).

You may browse the following websites for more information

• www.education.nic.in/Elementary/free%20and%20compulsory.pdf
  • www.scribd.com/doc/26778778/Right-Of-Children-to-Free-and-Compulsory-Education-Act-Model-Rules
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register