LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABCD   18 October 2015

Question

one question , say a person  has  divorce  and  498A  cases  running  in two  different  states .

will  divorce  case  be set aside  saying  that  until 498A  is resolved  divorce case  doesn't move

will there be no  actions  on  divorce case until  this  498A   completes?

Learning

4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     19 October 2015

There is no relation between divorce case and 498A until contradictory statements are given and hence perjured.  

Please see my profile links for sample petitions and other clues. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     22 October 2015

Both cases can run at different locations and on their own respective merits and no stay can be obtained on divorce till decision of criminal case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

ABCD   25 October 2015

thanks for replying

ABCD   25 October 2015

Hi  All,

Thanks for  giving reponse .  I have one more query .  Please make some time  to  reply back

My husbands  brothers  wife   filed  498A  case  against  her  husband  and  father in law .  Again she pulled  me and my  husband  also later  .  Charge sheet filed  and  case is in court .  Myself and my husband  applied for quash and HC ordered a stay  on entire case  . 

Currently  she is calling her  husband and  says she will  with draw the case  if he allows her  to stay  with him .

To be  very  honest  I never harassed  her  or  spoke anything ill  about her . I really got  very much hurt  the way she and her family members  wrote  about me and my husband in charge sheet . She wrote  all false statements there .

I agree  she and her husband  had  differences  and  mistake is at both ends . We cleary stated  that we don't have anything  against  her and he  can join her  if  he wants  as she is making calls to join him .

I am expecting some thing like comprimise  between the couple  in future  .  But  i really don't want to have any  ties with them .  it deeply hurts when  i was so friendly  with  a person and they inturn file  false criminal case  against me  .  I really  dont want any ties with  her or brother in law  . Please advice  me what  precautions i need  to take care legally   to show that rest of  life they won't bother  me . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register