LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayank (worker)     08 October 2015

Bank cheated me

I was using a Standard Chartered Credit Card since 1997. In 2003 i was offered a personal loan at 0.99% by Standard Chartered Bank payable in 6 EMI's. I accepted the offer and paid all the EMI'S but the last EMI was made late by 10 days. As I was a very old customer so the manager said to waive off the charges of late payment. But he did not do so. Instead when I received next statment the bank charged me ONE TIME SPECIAL FEE Of 2499 (as mentioned in the statement)

Then again manager assured me to pay 1184 as a settlement. The cheque was picked up from my office and I wrote whole of this incident on my letterhead and it was duly acknowledged by the bank executive. Ialso wrote about the cancellation of my Credit Card Account

There was no intimation from the bank then. I wanted a home loan from bank. So, I got my CIBIL report and the bank had made the amount to 36000 as outstanding and declared me as a defaulter.

There was no intimation from the bank duing this period. they did not reply to the legal notice. Also, They did not appear in the court but I am continuously receiving calls from the factoring agency that I will have to pay the outstanding which has crossed 1,00,000+

What all remedies are available to me as a customer as I trusted the manager and he did not keep his words.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 October 2015

You have posted that:

“As I was a very old customer so the manager said to waive off the charges of late payment…………………….Then again manager assured me to pay 1184 as a settlement.”

Do you have evidence of it and prove to the satisfaction of the court of law?

Did you get interim order from court/DCDRF that the Bank/agencies shall not call you?

You have already approached court of law and are probably guided and represented by your able lawyer.

Contest the matter and an order by court is binding on the bank.

Mayank (worker)     08 October 2015

As we did not had any emails/mobile numbers back in 2003. I dont have any proof other than this that their executive visited my office and picked up a cheque and duly acknowledged the letterhead on which whole concern was written.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 October 2015

The bank was under obligations to reply.It has to place reply,POD,or returned letter on rec

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register