LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deb   26 September 2015

sec 354d and 509

I m a photographer. I took a click of a lady in a crowded street from at least 10 m distance. I never knew her or followed her. I have been chargesheeted under sec 354d and 509. Will it lead to conviction under these sections. Pls advise

Learning

3 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 September 2015

Come out with the total facts for a good suggestion.

deb   26 September 2015

. I was waiting in a crowded street for my friend. As he was coming late I was taking a few shots when suddenly I noticed this young lady standing behind a bamboo frame which seemed to be a good subject for me, i.e, lady within the bamboo frame. Just I completed my shot a police came to me and asked what I was shooting because he must have guessed my subject. After showing him, he asked me whether I knew her. I told him that I did not know her. He took me to her who was still then unaware of the development. The police then suo motu advised her to call her husband who came after a few minutes and was understandably hyper. No explanation was enough for them and we went to the police station where the sister of the husband who turned out to be a lawyer filed an FIR. I told them it was a mistake and I had wife and daughter at home but no amount of pleading helped. To be fair, the lady was not keen to file a case. It was her husband who was furious. This one off incident is causing great pain and may also harm my career if convicted. I m not sure whether they follow up the case. It happened in February 2014 and I have been summoned for the first time on 5th Oct 2015. My lawyer says nothing will happen but I m terribly scared and frightened. Pls advise

deb   26 September 2015

Actually it's the police who asked them to make a complaint as the lady was unaware of the incident. They also asked her to call her husband after which all this happened

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register