LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suri Kam singh (none)     25 September 2015

Wifes kid from previous marriage

I remarried a divorcee with a 13 yrs old daughter who came to live with us after few days of marriage,

now that girl is over 26 yrs old MBA having agood job and part owning a flat in Vasai withher mother,

I am retired with no income, while my wife is Doctor but does not share any home expenses and I have to pay for everything, incl her daughters needs. while both of them do not share expenses but they do support their personal clothing and toiletteriesetc.

Can I remove her daughter from home since I have not adopted her, she still writesher biological fathers name everywhere.

Can I remove this Daughter from my home?

Regards

Learning

6 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     25 September 2015

If you are living in the flat having your own title or on rent fully paid by you, you can ask her to move out of that place.  But, you know better than us, that what repercussions you would get back when her mother becomes annoyed.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 September 2015

you said that you dont have any income.for that reason deny them financial support from your side.your wife would have got the custody rights of the child and her biological father has to provide maintenance for the child till she marries.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 September 2015

you said that you dont have any income.for that reason deny them financial support from your side.your wife would have got the custody rights of the child and her biological father has to provide maintenance for the child till she marries.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     25 September 2015

Whether yiu had adopted her or not, is not the issue.  Now she is well established.  Please tell her that you provided for her when she was in vulnerable age because you married her mother.  Now you cannot afford to take on her expenses and she should mend for herself.  If in the process, your wife-her mother( who is a medical doctor herself) wants to severe her relationship with you. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 September 2015

U R saying that UR wife is a doctor,then why should a retired person send money for her maintenance along with her daughter.As the daughter is not adopted by U,U have every right to ask her to move to her accommodation.Better do it without legal hurdles.

(Guest)

Get her married, thats the simplest way to deal all this, get her married, and transfer the headache to someone else for lifetime !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register