Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hungryheart (Student)     11 September 2015

Please clarify regarding grandfather's property

This is my situation.

1. My maternal grand father came to the city 50 years back.

2. He has earned a decent amount of money over the years.

3. He has three children - Two sons and one daughter.

4. I am the son of his daughter.

5. My mother was married in 87. 

6. All the assets my grandfather earned are in his name. His sons work in his factory but not as owners but as employees under him. He refused to allow my mother to work in his factory.

7. All the assests earned by my grandfather are by himself and not inherited.

8. Recently, he splits his assets. The land assests given to my mother was 15% while my uncles recieved 85%.

9. My uncles also recieved his factory while we got no share in it.

I feel a grave injustice has been done to my mother. My uncles recieved a larger share of the pie in terms of land property. In the last 2 decades, they have worked under my grandfather and have enjoyed the benefits of his factory while my parents had to work by themselves. My grand father gave us a land to construct a house. While my grandfather built a house and paid of the entire loan before giving them the house to my uncles.

Can I file a case and ensure we will get a fair deal? Or does my grand dad have a right to give anyone his property since it is own money and not by inheritance?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 September 2015

Repeated Query: ..................https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Grandfather-property-126925.asp#.VfLIpH1-jMo.................

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     14 September 2015

No. It is his self acquired property, he can do what he wanted. If he had died without distributing his assists, your mother had equal claim, but not now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register