Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     09 September 2015

Boyfriend can be prosecuted under adultry and u may get divorce on ground of cruelty

Nitish Banka

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 September 2015

Yes, she can be prosecuted for adultery. You have to file a case in the district court for annulment of marriage

(Guest)
Originally posted by : paoou
I got married about 1 months ago. On wedding day it self i realised that she was talking to someone in a suspicious manner.It became clear next day that she was talking to her live- in -partener for last five years.By her acts she made it clear that this marriage is to extort money by implicating my family and me in false cases.. Due to this fact i could not have any physical relation with her. I told her that lets be seprated peacefullybut she demanded a huge some of money for that and made her intentions clear to extort money. Some how i mannaged to record her s*xual talks with her boyfriend whom she visited on some filmsy ground . she stayed with him for 4 days..when she came to know abuot it she left the house ..Can I file for annulment of marriage?Can she ask for any money? can law still protects her?Can she still use 498a? Please advice

saa li ka tenkwa daba do.

or 

Above law there is God.  Dont worry, what goes around comes aruond. You can file adultery case, but she wont be punished for it, just file case of divorce on adultery ground, in next 10-15 years you will get divorce, or pay her one shot alimony and get rid of her, as if you go for regular divorce, you will have to pay alimony for rest of your life, so dont delay matters more, take decision now of parting ways via MCD, that is best  for you, or you simply become old in courts.

1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 September 2015

you can file divorce under sec 13a hma on the grounds of adultery (if you are a hindu).for that you need to wait for a year from the time of marriage.if you dont want to live with her till a year is over you can file a petition for judicial seperation under sec 10 hma.

also you can file adultery case u/s 497 ipc on the paramour of the wife.under this section only the paramour would be punished and not your wife

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 September 2015

Don't do anything in a hurry and haste? Are UR parents aware of her acts? Have U discussed with Ur inlaws?

If what U have mentioned is true,better involve parents of both the sides and settle the matter amicably.demanded huge money for separation means she has entered UR life with a malafide intention.

As far legalities are concerned I support the views of the above experts.

1 Like

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     11 September 2015

In my opinion and as to the given facts the alleged wife allegedly in live in relation with her lover for 5 years before marriage so allegation of adultary cannot be maintenable. The author may apply for judicial seperation on the ground that the wife is in relation with her past lover with whom she had bodily relation before her marriage.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2015

Asadvised  by experts above you may file a divorce case under mutual consent  grounds if she is ready to accept the same of course you may have to shell out a good amount as one time quit for getting rid of this dirty relationship without facing much legal complications ans as well as to secure your future career too. 

paoou   18 September 2015

Thanks Mr.T.Kalaiselvan.According to you I have to spend money to come out of this fraud and the culprit will enjoy it.Is law meant for these type of gangster?l have proofs.Still I cannot do anything.there must be some law to punish them.any help please.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     18 September 2015

Nothing more to add than the valuable suggestions of the legal experts.

Legal experts say get punishment for doing nothing.And reward that gangster.Thank you everyone.You all are real legal experts.???.Please don't make joke of the law.law is to protect the innocent people.but legal experts advice here to get punishment.Still any body here to guide?

SuperHero (Manager)     18 September 2015

"Justice delayed is justice denied" is a legal maxim meaning that if legal redress is available for a party that has suffered some injury, but is not forthcoming in a timely fashion, it is effectively the same as having no redress at all.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     18 September 2015

Actually U have removed UR original post.Law is there to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.We here provide U only legal suggestions and not judgements.Ultimately U have to rely on UR local lawyer,who will be the person present in the court.Whether U win or lose it depends on his wisdom.

Every legal expert will have his own version of dealing a case,but ultimately the sections involved are the same.Hence UR critical analysis of the legal experts is highly objectionable.Our replies depend only on the inputs given by the querist.

For further advice and suggestions there are many non legal members from whom U can  solicit the requisite solace.

Thanks everyone.You people can understand the state of my mind.It is our law which is being misused by some criminals.I feel I am lucky to have some evidence in the form of recordings.there are other people who don't have any evidence and are being cheated by these glorified prostitutes.I don't know whether these recordings are valid in court or not.Please advise.

Sarmmarmbb (goi)     05 October 2015

Dear paoou

Most important of doing anything like filing divorce, gather proofs.  

and for that give her complete liberty and your full trust and non-interefrence.  Then try to get them chased secretly by way of their call details.  also there are some kind of softwares available for spying mob calls in the market get one of them.  After 100% sure about the person (target), you may also hire a detective, but be careful that should be genuine and reliable as most of them are crooks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register