Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayaprakash   07 September 2015

Obtaining a legal heir certificate

Hi All,

I am trying to obtain a legal heir certificate from my local muncipal authority (Hubli, Karkataka state). I collected all the required documents along with the lawyers affidavite and approached the concerned authority. He was not ready to proceed even after giving all the proofs and documents, reason being:

In my father's death certificate the permanent address is mentioned as Bangalore's address, it should have been Hubli address. My fathers pernanent address is of Hubli, but due to treatment we had brought him to Bangalore, and he passed away in Bangalore. Unfortunately we made a mistake of mentioning permanent as Bangalore address instead of Hubli address.

Please let me know the options that are available to me, in order to quickly get the legal heir (warasa certificate). I am in need of this basically for transferring his SB account balance and pension to my mothers account. Please advice and ask me questions if my query is not clear to experts here.

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 September 2015

you can get correct the permanent address or you do one thing you file an application before the birth and death registrar at Hubli, showing the permanent address

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register