Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hariharann   14 August 2015

Defamation case against the illegal guardians of my wife

Dear Respectable members,

Please advice me, whether it will be a good idea to file defamation case against my wife's illegal guardians or not in the following circumstances?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife's mother was dead before 15 years and her actual father was seperated so she was under the custody of her maternal aunty and uncle from her age 17.  They arranged the marriage with me claiming that my wife is there adopted daughter,  I spent my money for the marriage and didn't even demanded any dowry, The same was mentioned in marriage & Engagement invitations too.  During the marriage they mentioned that they adopted her legally but it seems they haven't adopted her.

Moreover my wife's maternal uncle's name is presented as her father's name in my marriage certificate with some false informations at that time in 2010.  Because of my wife's illegal guardians cruel intention to have the custody of my kids forever,  I got fed up last year in feb 2014,  I came back from US to accompany my wife,  They attacked me verbally and phyically and filed a false complaint in police station mentioning that i was involved in abduction and murder attempt.  

After enquiry, the police understood the situation as there are no grounds and warned me as well as them and asked me to give a letter mentioning that i'll not go to there house again to see my kids. 

Then they made my wife to file a false dowry and DV complaint the next day in the women police station.  They gave councelling and warned my wife to live with me.  We lived together for 15 days, She got conceived again and went to their house without informing me.

They didn't even informed about the baby delivery to me i even sent a legal notice mentioning that i'll file a RCR but no response.

Finally in Feb 2015, my wife and her illegal guardians insulted me in hospital during my 2nd kid's delivery and without even informing me they discharged her and took her to their house. 

So I filed a divorce case against wife on cruelty grounds on March 1st week. Wife haven't filed a counter yet,  I got 1 hour visitation rights on sundays and even during that her illegal guardians are abusing me and my family verbally and creating mental torture.  Because of her complaint i even lost my job as my company asked me to submit my resignation in Apr 2015.

Due to this allegation,

I faced and is still facing lot of flake & my image is spoiled in the society. Even after Police officials reported that I am having a good conduct,  I am from a good family background, my father was a govt servant and my mother was a teacher and I am an Engineer.

still ppl see me with suspicion and it is very disgraceful experience for me daily. So, I want to file a defamation case against my wife's illegal guardians.

so that it will be a lesson for them in the future that they wouldn't again indulge in such bad

allegations against anyone.

I am asking you following questions to tell me from your experience and knowledge.

(1) Is it a good idea to file a defamation case. If answer is yes/no why?

(2) Will the judge's show leniency towards girl side people and whatever husband intended to happen, will not happen?

(3) Is there a chance for them to escape punishment?

(4) Will the lawyers simply only exploit me financially, and nothing happens to them?

Regards
Shakthi

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register