LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep Sharma   12 August 2015

Hindu succession law 1956

R/sir, this is my friend's problem his name is Nikhil his father was government servant and he died 7 yr ago he was having one younger brother and one sister. After his father's death his sister ran with her Muslim boyfriend. My friend and his family worries can his sister claims her fathers property. My friend lodged missing complain in police station when she ran. What Hindu succession law 1956 says ?

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 August 2015

if your father had died intestate then she is entitled  to get a equal share along with the other legal heirs

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2015

The blood remains the same, whether she is a Hindu or converted to other religion.  She is certainly entitled for her share of property, if your father is intestate.  However the right is limited only to her and not to her children.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     18 August 2015

What is the status of the missing complaint? As a daughter she has a claim over her father's property along with the others.U cannot deny her right.She can surface any time and stake her claim. In Law there is no distinction between son and daughter in property matters,each of them share equally.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2015

Yes, being a legal heir to the deceased father, she is legally entitled to a share in the intestate property and she can claim it anytime in her life time. 

v vedanarayanan (advocate)     22 August 2015

yes ,you eligible to  get  your rights.......as other experts says

vedanarayanan v   madras high court 

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 100 times
  • advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     10 September 2015

Daughter has equal right on father's property, her marriage to any one from other religion does. Not deprive her of her legal rights

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register