Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pjfromnewdelhi (Business)     09 August 2015

Police powers & procedure

Hi All

I am running a chain of health and wellness stores in Delhi for which I need a MCD Healh License ONLY

There is NO POLICE license required in my category of business

However still, local booth police constables come frequently and harrass my staff and demand for the MCD health license, which I am yet to obtain

Can anyone pleasde advise me if Delhi Police can actually demand to see the license which is under MCD and does Delhi Police SHO have powers to ask for closure of a shop in the absence of the MCD health license?

There is no other complaint about my shop and surprisingly the MCD people have not even yet challaned us because of the absence of the health license

Please help

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 August 2015

You can show an acknoledgement receipt for applied for MCD to the police. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 August 2015

Why don't you get the MCD license soon, why do you object the police inquiring about the illegal business going on within its jurisdiction?, if you are an authorised dealer you should have all the documents to substantiate your  genuineness, so better do not run a risk, try to be fully equipped to defend yourself always.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register