Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay   03 August 2015

Fathers property towards daughter

hi
My father in law is having 20 acres of land near Hyderabad. He purchased the land in 2005 he registered the land on my mother in laws name .He is having three daughters and one son .I have married elder daughter sill two daughters are left for marriage.Here my question is my wife have equal share what my brother in law have. And other thing if my father in law will change the property towards his son .Will my wife get equal share .Plz reply me

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 August 2015

Sons and daughters have several rights as a coparcener. . They are in joint possession and ownership of property and if they want partition, they can claim so by filing a partition suit.

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     04 August 2015

Hi 

Sons and Daughter's have equal rights on the property if the holder of the property dies without leaving any Will. 

However the property as mentioned by you is in your mother-in-law's name. it will be her absolute property and she has all rights to dispose of the property in any manner she deem's appropriate by will/gift etc during her life time, in case she makes a will / gift, none of the children(son, daughter and husband) cannot question the same and the transaction effected by Will/Gift by your mother in law will be valid. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register