Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bellamkonda pavan kumar   29 July 2015

Deduction of tds on fixed deposit

dear sir

my name is Bellamkonda Pavan Kumar

sub :- ( Deduction of TDS on fixed deposit )

my father  was made fixed deposit in SBH bank  recently he was died so he could not submit 15G form to the bank this year, so TDS  tax was deducted from his deposit account dueto not submission of 15G form, so how can i claim my TDS amount for getting back most important is in this account nominee was my mother she has no PAN card number. can i claim TDS amount her behalf of ?

Learning

5 Replies

DR. DIMPLE JINDAL (ADV.) (Advocate)     29 July 2015

You have to apply for "pan no.", and you can file income tax return & claim the refund. Otherwise there is no other solution.

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     29 July 2015

Hi 

If your father had died or was terminally ill  before the due date for submission of FOrm 15G, then you should (in your capacity as a legal heir along with your mother) should file to the Income tax authority a claim for TDS deducted money. The Income tax department guys are normally lenient in such genuine cases.  Approach the ACIT of the income tax office (the office to which IT was deducted) directly with related documents. 

Hi 

If your father had died or was terminally ill  before the due date for submission of FOrm 15G, then you should (in your capacity as a legal heir along with your mother) should file to the Income tax authority a claim for TDS deducted money. The Income tax department guys are normally lenient in such genuine cases.  Approach the ACIT of the income tax office (the office to which IT was deducted) directly with related documents. 

Hi 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2015

There is a procedure and treatment of deceased depositor/assessee.

It is customary that eldest child files ITR of deceased parent however it is not mandatory.

Any one in the immediate family  can file ITR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register